Application specific -> Houdini locked?

This forum is for specific questions or issues regarding the use of the Realflow-Forum
elron

Application specific -> Houdini locked?

Postby elron » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Hey guys,

I am new here after a looong absence from RF. Somehow I had to create a new user name as I never received the password reset email (user and email were recognized).

But to the point of my post here. I have some questions in regards to RF<-> Houdini interactivity and thought I'd be able to post to that subforum after registering, but somehow that is still locked.

Is there a specific reason for that? Is Houdini not supported with current RF versions? I thought I read on the NextLimit site there was plugins for current Houdini versions?

thanx

ChristianZ

Re: Application specific -> Houdini locked?

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Welcome!

I don't know why the Houdini subforum is locked. Maybe there was no support for Houdini for some time? Anyway, you are welcome to ask question about the Houdini connectivity plugin, also in the general section. Only problem is, that it can be that very few or no user here use it.... I am using Cinema4D and Maya.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

elron

Postby elron » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:30 am

Hi ChristianZ,

thx for the fast reply. Will give that a try :).

If your avatar here is anything to go bye, your tutorial (I think back in 2007) was what initially made me look into RF back in the days, great to see you are still actively at it :).

cheers

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:33 am

Hi Elron,

thanks for the appreciation :P

please ask Herbert for unlocking the Houdini sub-forum, if needed. Unfortunately, there not that many places on the internet to discuss about RealFlow.... as it always has been the case.

elron

Postby elron » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:37 am

Hi ChristianZ,

will do ... gonna have to look how to reach him directly ;).

Yeah, I am really surprised, there isn't more going on in regards to RF on the interwebs. Any idea why that is?

cheers

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:48 am

Yeah, I am really surprised, there isn't more going on in regards to RF on the interwebs. Any idea why that is?

I think there was a noticeable change when the price structure of RF was changed from several hundred to over 1K$ with annual upgrades around 800$. After that, and now without learning edition, RF has become a tool for professional artists who make money with it. These customers are more likely to contact Nextlimit directly for support and are less prone to make tutorials on youtube for free... Actually, providing free tutorials helps hobbyists, but also users of pirated software. After all, VFX software is a niche within a niche market and the user base is always relatively small.

Return to “Forum Support”