independent realflow forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 pm 

I need help with my simulations as i want them to come out like this below,if i can get help for nothing that would be great but if anyone is genuine in helping me personally then i shall pay for your time ie-(paypal) so send me a personal message
Can you see how the liquid misses the center disc image on the other file where as my file it still runs down the center disc.

HOW I WANT MINE BELOW

MINE BELOW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:51 pm 

Do you mean the problem is with your one (bottom image) that the liquid blocks the lion image too much whereas you can see the image on the top one when you need to?

If so, it's simply the luck of the draw. A tiny adjustment of the emitter could solve your problem. Although fluid can be controlled, for the most part it's still unpredictable. Sometimes, it's exact and specific effects that you want that can be hardest to achieve. If something isn't to your liking you either have to live with it or re-sim.

Maybe move your emitter back a bit, I'm not sure. Do tests.

How long did it take you to simulate that one?

To be honest, I think your one looks good. However, I can see that you'd probably want the lion shown more than it is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 am 

Quote:
Do you mean the problem is with your one (bottom image) that the liquid blocks the lion image too much whereas you can see the image on the top one when you need to?

Yes thats what i mean,i dont wont it blocking the center image disc and ive tried at least a dozen sims and my latest sims i didnt export the center disc to reaflow so it wouldnt include it.
Ive moved the emitter back and i end up with the liquid running down the sides then which isnt what i want.
Another problem i face is i want my animation to continue like the top image but when i sim in realflow i end up added more frames because the fluid isnt on the ground when it loops so when i export back to c4d i have to increase the frames on my animation hence the pause which dosent help my liquid as then it constantly falls in the center.

I could do the sim and build in under 2 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 am 

Delete this topic pls as no one knows thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm 

Just dont stop the animation as in the top version. If you have to stop the animation reduce the amount of water coming down to a small amount or stop it.
Also the inner ring needs to spin going up in order to disrupt the water flow enough to get more visual time of the center. It would also help to make your
liquid a little more transparent more visual time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:11 pm 

You are emitting outside of the visible frame. Put some geometry in there, like a chute, that prevents the liquid from flowing into those areas you don't want to get covered.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 am 

rocket_1 wrote:
Just dont stop the animation as in the top version. If you have to stop the animation reduce the amount of water coming down to a small amount or stop it.
Also the inner ring needs to spin going up in order to disrupt the water flow enough to get more visual time of the center. It would also help to make your
liquid a little more transparent more visual time.

I had to extent the frames in c4d as when i simulated in realflow my fluid wasn't on the ground when it looped,i tried lots of settings but didn't make any difference so the only way was to add 20 frames or so in c4& hence the delay.
I have had the ring going up after changing the direction but wasn't any better that's why im asking for help, also do you mean to make me liquid more like glass in c4d?
I tried it but looked terrible but again i could spend forever trying to get the material to look right if ever it would.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:04 am 

fkfx wrote:
You are emitting outside of the visible frame. Put some geometry in there, like a chute, that prevents the liquid from flowing into those areas you don't want to get covered.

Is there any chance you can help me a little more as i wouldn't know where to start,a chute? Is there a chute in realflow and how do i set i it up,i would appreciate your help, either of you whether i could send you files or whether you could do a set up for me or vid tutiriol,i would pay you via paypal if i can get it right, thanks to you both.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:16 am 

You'd preferably create the geometry yourself in your 3d app, some planes and chutes in order to direct your liquid in the areas out of camera.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:13 pm 

I stared now a long time on both animations and maybe it's the movement of your inner ring, cause it's going in the opposite direction than in the first animation. I think if it would go the other way round it would cut more fluid to the back and your logo would be more visible. And maybe you can slightly move your emitter in the back so there is not too much fluid in front of the logo.
If you like you can upload your 3D animation so we can have a try.