rf_mesh_mixer ... its sooo speckle

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Softimage
subbz2k

Postby subbz2k » Wed May 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Hey Guys,

i just have another problem :( I finished up my scene so far and have it all set up. Imported the meshes and mixed them together but ... all the transitions are so speckle - NOTHING is flowing smooth into each other and thats a crap!

I've attached a quick render of the speckles in the fluid that i mean. You can clearly see them and you can also see that the mixer doesnt actually MELT the colors together. Which is also crap!

Can you help me out with that? I saw videos of soooo sweet realflow fluid mixings on youtube so there MUST be a way of doing it right. And i would really appreciate if you can lead me into this direction!

So please: Can you help me?

Many thanks in advance!
subb

Attached files

tmdag

Postby tmdag » Wed May 13, 2009 10:11 pm

http://www.whenpicsfly.com/rfwiki/index.php?title=Texturing:_Color_Mixing/Blending

This is one of tricky methods getting better look (and it's the method You saw on Youtube probably)
"Do not feed the trolls"
Albert 'tmdag' Szostkiewicz
FX Technical Director
Weta Digital

subbz2k

Postby subbz2k » Wed May 13, 2009 10:27 pm

hmm, where's my message? it just disappeared after writing ^^

well, next try:

at first: this is exactly what im looking for tmdag. its looking so fu**in sweet :)

but now to the problem: i neither have maya nor do i have a clue what this guy is talking about there :( can you help me out in getting this setup in xsi? or can you describe me in easy words what the guy is doing there? i dont have any knowledge in programming/scripting so i could really need a helping hand here.

would be great if you (or of course everyone else) can help me out with that. maybe with a different solution also if nothing else is possible.

many thanks in advance again!
subb

tmdag

Postby tmdag » Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 pm

He is using fluid 3d texture from maya fluid that is very helpful but unfortunately I don't know XSI at all, maybe You could do it with ICE and no scripting but I don't have any knowledge about ICE too.
"Do not feed the trolls"
Albert 'tmdag' Szostkiewicz
FX Technical Director
Weta Digital

subbz2k

Postby subbz2k » Wed May 13, 2009 10:58 pm

well, WHAT is fluid 3d texture in maya exactly? in xsi there is no fluid texture. i can tell you: if i need to mix colors then doing something in ice i dont need to care about anything as long as i use the particle volume cloud material there. it also works with voxels. but i cannot use this with realflow and i dont have any idea how to transfer colors from the rf particles in ice to the mesh. and even if it will work it will still speckle since every particle has a color. this is a crap, daamn this is a real crap ^^ must this be so probably impossible? :(

lourencohen

Re: rf_mesh_mixer ... its sooo speckle

Postby lourencohen » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:08 am

Where exactly did you get this idea? I think you got it from YouTube or some video site. This is probable due to the mixer that you have used. These videos do not tell you all about the mixer. All they want is hits. There are many more things to be added to get the colors mixed in the proper ratio

-----------------------------------
LOUREN COHEN
boston senior home care

tsn

Postby tsn » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Anyone here to ban this annoying spammer?

lourencohen wrote:Where exactly did you get this idea? I think you got it from YouTube or some video site. This is probable due to the mixer that you have used. These videos do not tell you all about the mixer. All they want is hits. There are many more things to be added to get the colors mixed in the proper ratio
LOUREN COHEN
boston senior home care

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Ok, he had enough fun :evil:
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Softimage”