Making foam in RFC4D using the filter daemon

Discussions about RealFlow | Cinema 4D
ChristianZ

Re: Making foam in RFC4D using the filter daemon

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:21 pm

So, I am back with the foam project made in RF10 standalone version. The main benefit of having it in standalone is the choice of export formats other than alembic to have more options for foam rendering later. Additionally, standalone has the scripting option which may turn out as the better (but slower) way to make foam.

Again, the 2 methods vorticity and collision with animated randomness:
https://youtu.be/H9DlEbJjzHM
RF10 standard + RFC4D

ghofer

Postby ghofer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 am

i think there are huge differences between rf10 standalone and the plugin. the plugin simulation looks much better. in your rf10 video i also see these these strange patterns i have in my mushroom picture. anyway the foam creation in rf doesn't look realistic at all and i think your results is the best you can get. this is all more like oil and water. bubbles are too big, some don't rise and they don't behave like these small sparkles you see in beer or champagner. rf foam looks so weird and strange. guess i try phoenix fd for my project.

thanks for your time.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Yeah, that is what the method "mix different densities" can do for foam creation.

I am curious what Phoenix FD can do, please let us know when it is finished.
Regarding bubbles, we may go a different route here by placing an emitter at the base of the glass and having another gravity daemon dedicated only for those particles and pointed upwards with an inverse kill daemon at the surface of the liquid, then add larger spheres in the 3D rendering software afterwards.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

ghofer

Postby ghofer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:29 am

I've started with Phoenix FD this weekend and it's really amazing. very easy to use and great results. for the foam i've simply followed a video tutorial on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc3VxiYkZmk. what i get really looks like foam. PhFD is slower than realflow, but i don't care as long as the results are that good. gpu is crashing on my system all the time anyway.

i have to say that i'm somehow disappointed. i've found many videos and tuts about making foam in realflow. some of them are many years old, but in all that time realflow didn't manage to develop a believable simulation system. that's very sad and poor. i've also tried with hybrido bubbles but that doesn't look right either. with hybrido i always have the feeling theres something missing. don't know why but if feels so outdated and inconvenient. have you ever tried to use this ocean force daemon? it makes you smash your computer. in PhFD the setup is a matter of a few clicks. don't want to reject realflow completely. it has good stuff inside but it could be muuuuuch better. too much old stuff in RF.

sorry that i can't show anything here. everythings under NDA at the moment. maybe at a later point in time

Return to “RealFlow | Cinema 4D”