Change Fluid Type?

Discussions about the use of Realflow
Oldcode

Change Fluid Type?

Postby Oldcode » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Hey Everybody,

Hope you had fun during the Holy Days. :)

Stupid question for you...

I'm trying to fill a bowel with the Dyverso Viscosity fluid, but its taking forever. I was wondering, could I fill the bowel with Dyverso PBD because it simulates faster, then when the bowel is full, switch the fluid type in the domain from PBD to Viscosity so it then behaves to way I want it to?

I remember trying to do this with the old Standard Particles, but it didn't work. It messed things up and you had to delete and reload the emitter.

I wanted to see if anybody knew about this so I don't try it and waste even more simulation time.

Thanks,
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

ChristianZ

Re: Change Fluid Type?

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi

what happens most of the time in such cases is, that the particles explode and mess up everything. After all, the calculations for the particles behaviour changes and there is no previous calculation stage of the same type existing. The standard particles used to simply disappear if you tried to change the parameters too much.

If you still want to try with different Dyverso types, it may work better, if you take away the energy of the particles before and after the switch by using the k_speed daemon with the keep option or very strong drag.

However, you could fill the bowl first with lesser quality settings for the simulation, then later increase the quality when necessary.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Oldcode

Re: Change Fluid Type?

Postby Oldcode » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:10 pm

Thanks Christian, :)

I suspected as much. I'll give your ideas some thought. It's amazing, Dyverso is so much faster than the old standard particles, it's spoiled me already. :lol: I could barely get anything done with 750,000 particles with standard, now I'm doing 5 million and I'm complaining. :roll:
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

Return to “Realflow”