Filter problem: transition makes particles jump

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
ajreijn11

Filter problem: transition makes particles jump

Post by ajreijn11 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:39 pm

Hi there.

I'm trying to setup an animation with condense on an object and some drops falling on it. While the drops are running down the object, they should pull along some of the condense droplets. So I'm using a filter setup for the condense to 'join' the drops fluid. The drops fluid is influencing the condense fluid, so that the condense gets pulled down and when exceeding a particular speed the particles join the drops fluid. This kind of works. But somehow I keep getting these kind exploding particles jumping away when they are influenced by the filter. Any idea what is going wrong here?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l132l9w5esfos ... 4.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3aodir513ns8h ... 4.png?dl=0

ChristianZ

Re: Filter problem: transition makes particles jump

Post by ChristianZ » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:10 pm

Hi

maybe the properties of the two different fluids are too far apart (resolution, inner/ext pressure, viscosity) so that the solver is failing at these moments?
Also make sure that the new particles that the filter moves from one fluid to the other one are not created in exactly the same location in space.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

ajreijn11

Post by ajreijn11 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Thanks again Christian. First issue doesn't seem to be the case. Same thing happens when settings for both fluids are identical.
So perhaps they are on the exact same location. Is there any way of preventing this? It seems inevitable this occasionally happens with what I'm doing.

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:52 pm

Is there any way of preventing this?
It is not visible on the screenshot, but having the option "Keep Source Particles" =off should help. It is off by default.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Return to “Cinema 4D”